Our People > Matthew Frankland
Matthew Frankland, Partner
+44 (0) 20 7842 1639
“is ‘a tremendous lawyer who is adored by his clients’”
– Chambers and Partners UK 2010 Edition
“recommended, for his experience in major criminal fraud trials and investigations”
– The Legal 500 2010
Matthew is a criminal law specialist with 20 years of experience in major criminal fraud trials and investigations. He handles all kinds of fraud cases and focuses on raising arguments designed to stop cases reaching charge or trial.
- Acting for a Middle Eastern Government in a major UN criminal investigation
- Two House of Lords appeals and European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) cases
- Ran the LCB litigation which caused Customs & Excise to be stripped of their powers to prosecute and forced their merger with the Inland Revenue
- Currently advising in the first ever prosecution of individuals arising from the Oil-For-Food Sanctions, two major international corruption cases involving the SFO and DOJ
- Largest ever fraud investigation brought by the Revenue
Matthew was a founding partner of Byrne and Partners LLP in 2003. He has been referred to as a leader in his field in Chambers & Partners for approximately 14 years and is also listed in International Directories as a leading crime specialist.