Our People > Nicola Boulton
Nicola Boulton, Senior Partner
+44 (0) 20 7842 1659
“tenacious and ruthlessly efficient” – The Legal 500 2010 Edition
“no-nonsense and user-friendly” – Chambers UK 2010
“…the cleverest person you’ll ever meet.” – The Legal 500 2009 Edition
Nicola Boulton is a commercial litigator with particular expertise in high value civil fraud, financial services, and insurance litigation. Nicola often acts for hedge funds, in regulatory and investment issues and partnership disputes and has a particular interest in anti money laundering issues. Nicola is a Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Courts Criminal and Civil Proceedings).
- for the first defendant in the Tajik Aluminium case
- for a solicitor defendant in a £40m fraud claim brought by Cable & Wireless
- for a shipping magnate claimant against JP Morgan Chase in a mis-selling claim relating to emerging market derivatives
- for General Motors in a $100m claim brought against the Royal & Sun Alliance insurance group
- in a US$1 billion claim in relation to the sale of a Lloyds broker to a major US insurance company.
Nicola was a founding partner in Byrne and Partners LLP in 2003, having previously practiced at Dechert LLP. Nicola qualified in 1994, practicing at Clyde & Co, and then the Financial Services Authority. Nicola graduated from Oxford University with a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics. She is a member of the Law Society Money Laundering Task Force and frequently lectures on both money laundering and financial regulatory issues.